Apr 30, 2013

A poem about me from a former acquaintance


 
One day a girl – she came over
I felt like I’d found a four leaf clover.

We walked through parks with streams and trees
Skipping, jumping, very at ease.

We hunt and fish at our own leisure
Scaling and skinning, gutting for pleasure.

Also, when in my turck we do ride
I sit on the passenger side.

Hither and yonder, driving she goes
Clutching and shifting, dodging potholes.

I do not mind when she comes over
She is my own personal chauffer.

Thinking of her, I get melancholy
Her voice is a song – her eyes like a puppy’s.

So bright, so brown, tranquil they’re seeming,
But then look again, and you’d swear they were scheming.

She’s a girl, a woman, a companion worth mention
A give of laughs & smiles, not tension

Now it’s time that I be proposing
The eventual cause of this closing.

Before I do – I thought I’d mention, uh,
This girl, her name, it is Cynthia

-by Kenneth Harvey

 

No comments: