Apr 14, 2013

Crashed EHD and lost photos

I've been so bad with keeping up with my blog posts.  I suppose I should start doing a schedule or something.  I now have that wonderful little app on my phone that I need to utilize.  Anyway, I'm back here to search through all of my uploaded photos and recopy the ones I've uploaded.  Why?

Because my external hard drive died.  And in it's deceased state it took with it all my photos and videos from 2006 - this present time.  Six years worth of photos and videos are gone.  :(  The first six years of my baby's life.  Except for the few photos I've uploaded to Blogger and Facebook. 

I'm not sure about data recovery.  I've called a few places and have been told that due to the damage on the EHD, the data CAN be retreived but how badly do I want it?  Prices start at $250 just to make an attempt at retreival.  The techie I spoke with told me that it could get up to $2500 to retrieve those photos and videos.  Personally, IF I had the money, I would do it.  But reality is, I don't have that kind of money. 

Meanwhile, I'm gonna hang on to the hard drive, save my pennies, and hopefully, maybe one day soon, someone can dig out my memories for me. 

No comments: