Nov 18, 2009

Blogger Piano Recital just for you!

In case you didn't know it, I'm a pianist. I began taking piano lessons at the ripe young age of 6 years old. My parents didn't have a piano for me to practice on at home so my mom would walk me the few blocks to the church we were attending at the time so that I practice on the sanctuary piano. That Christmas, my parents purchased a studio console Baldwin. I remember the evening it was delivered. My piano teacher, Mrs. Thelma Addison, was there with her oldest daughter who played a few classical pieces on it. I was in awe! It was such a pretty piano! I remember my teacher telling me not to touch it or practice on it without washing my hands first. It was very important to take care of it! My mother still has that piano, however, it also has a few knocks and nicks here and there. The middle C key looks kind of funny. Some of the bass notes sound like the string is broken. We still play on it though at Christmas and my girls love to practice on it.

In light of all that, I have been practicing some pieces here at home that I would love to share with ya'll. This first piece is called "Beboparology" by Noah Baerman from a student jazz book.




This piece is called "Boogie Gumbo" that is also out of a student jazz book. This one was played on a piano that I gave to a student at Oxford University. It had a stuck key.



This last piece is "Princess" by Suzanne Ciani. It isn't perfect because I was hurriedly recording it while my Kangaroo was taking a nap.



I hope you've enjoyed my little Blogger recital. Stay tuned for more!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Those were great!! That last one was just beautiful. Great job!! I play the piano also, but I don't get to practice like I used to. Getting rough on it now.