Feb 1, 2010

Guess what I woke up to this a.m.!

On Friday morning I noticed that Kangaroo had a little redness to her right eye. Thinking it was allergies or even a bit of something in her eye, I ignored it. Bad move! By Saturday her eye was swollen from all the rubbing and stuck closed. Fast forward to this morning, and guess what! I wake up with the same dadgum thing! Yay. (Hear the sarcasm?)

We have doc's visit scheduled for this afternoon and I'm hoping he'll be generous and give a family sized prescription to knock this stuff out.

The last time we had conjunctivitis in the family was when I was still nursing Kangaroo (about 3 1/2 years ago). I had heard that a drop of breastmilk would cure this monster. So, I tried it and lemme tell ya...that breastmilk is a miracle elixir! However, since I'm no longer breastfeeding, I have none available. :(

That being said, I called the doctor and left a message. I was thinking that I would save myself a trip by describing the pink eye to him over the phone and then have him call in a prescription for eye drops. Several hours later and he still hadn't returned my call.

Then Kangaroo starts complaining about her ear hurting. She hadn't said anything prior to this so I didn't know what to think. I called the doc's office again and told them, "Never mind the message to the doc. I'm bringing her in."

It's a good thing too! Kangaroo has a double ear infection in addition to the pink eye! After fighting the evening traffic, we finally arrived back home with a week's worth of antibiotics and eyedrops.

Hopefully, she'll feel better very soon.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Oh yuck! Hope nobody else gets it!