Feb 6, 2010

Questions from the Little Ones

Not long ago, my little ones began asking questions about babies, where they came from, and how they get out of where they are. Since that time, we learned that my oldest daughter, DQ, is expecting. Due to the many conversations that DQ and I have had, my little ones now have new questions that I honestly am not sure how to answer. I'm hoping that someone out there will be able to help me answer the questions of very inquistive little 4 y.o. and 6 y.o. girls.

A bit of background, our family is a blended family. My husband, DH, has 4 grown children from his previous marriage. They have blessed us with 8 grand babies. I was also married to another man many years ago and my DQ and The Teen came to us during that marriage. Then I met my husband, got married, and 5 years later welcomed our Little Bird and Kangaroo.

Now, I'm baffled by how quickly the questions have come. Here are a few:

1. Why did DQ's Daddy give them up? When I answered that he didn't GIVE them up, we had DIVORCED...that led to the What is divorce? question.
2. Mommy, Sissy has a baby in her tummy. Where's the baby's daddy?
4. Is the baby gonna come out AFTER Sissy's married?
5. You mean you don't HAVE to be married to have a baby?
6. Is the baby gonna live with us?

There are many more but I'll leave you with these for now. If you have any advice on how to answer my little ones questions, please help. Especially the ones dealing with morality.

No comments: