Dec 28, 2010

The Completed Christmas Projects

The following pictures are of the gifts I made for my family members for Christmas this year.  If you saw my previous post on Christmas Projects to make, then you've seen what I had planned to do.  This post is to show you what I actually got done.

This went to 6 married couples in the family.  It was a certificate, a box of Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate Mix, and some Hershey's Kisses.  It is a membership to a "Cookie of the Month Club".  Not a REAL membership mind you, because although those ARE available, I wanted this to be more personal.   It's a promise to send the recipient two dozen homemade cookies on the 15th of each month. 
 The schedule is as follows:
  • January:  Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
  • February:  Sugar Cookies
  • March:  Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip
  • April:  Peanut Butter Honey Cookies
  • May:  Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
  • June:  Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • July:  M & M cookies
  • August:  Coconut Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • September:  Old Fashioned Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • October:  Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
  • November:  Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • December:  Ginger Krinkle Cookies
I think I may have shot myself in the foot with this cookie gift thing.

Then, I gave hubby a membership to the "Date of the Month" Club.  I think he liked this gift, but he has yet to give me his date options so that I can start planning.

Dahlin' had also complained that we didn't have enough pot holders or hot pads in the house for him to use when cooking.  So, I went garage sale shopping and found these wonderful little denim place mats for only $3 for the set!  Now, when you go shopping and you see something like, say, a place mat, I'm sure you see a PLACE MAT.  Not me, unh unh.  When I look at a place mat like these, I see things like.......

Custom made potholders and.....

Sweet little denim pocket purses.

I also had a little roll of camoflage duct tape which I then tranformed into a wallet for the Boy Scout son of mine.





Here's another little creative idea that I gleaned from the internet.  I just love the internet. Don't you?

Personalized Checkers game

I also made a Family Yahtzee game and a Memory Card game.



Then, I made a charm bracelet for my daughter.

Time to start planning next year's projects!

No comments: