Mar 21, 2009

Topsy Turvy Tomato

I'm thinking that my girls watch a little too much TV. Every time they see one of those commercials selling a product that you can get "only on TV" my Little Bird will say, "We need THAT Mommy!". Well, on date night last night, my hubby took me to Home Depot (yeah, an original date idea .... hear the sarcasm?) and we ended up over in the gardening section. I spied this Topsy Turvy thing that Little Bird had been oooohing and aaaaahing over for about a week. The price tag showed that it was only $10!!! I mentioned Little Bird's fascination with the product to DH and he decided it would be a good idea to purchase this product for her and Kangaroo. He said it would be very educational!
So, we get home after our date. I was so excited to show this to the girls but they were already in bed asleep. DH decides to open the box for examination and promptly exclaims, "It's just the planter! No tomato seeds or anything else!" He then decides to that we'll keep the Topsy Turvy a secret until me and the girls get home from church the next day.

While we were gone to church, he went out and bought some tomato plants, potting soil, and plant food. When the girls and I got home, we ate a quick lunch and then he began putting the Topsy Turvy together explaining every step to the girls as he went along.




Then he helped them with potting soil, plant food, and watering the plant.
The girls admire their handiwork.

I didn't have a whole lot to do with this Topsy Turvy experiment, just that I pointed it out to DH at the Home Depot. So, I just stood by and took the pictures of this experience. Oh, and please excuse hubby's lack of clothing.....that's his yard work outfit and he stopped his yardwork to introduce the girls to the Topsy Turvy.
Edited to add: (5/13/09) The Topsy Turvy requires watering twice a day!!!

No comments: