Jun 1, 2009

2nd thoughts on homeschooling

I've been struggling with this homeschooling idea. In the beginning, I had no doubts whatsoever that the Lord had told me what to do. I still believe that He told me homeschool my girls. However, I have not been as diligent as I first thought I would be. I feel like I've failed my Lord and my girls by not "teaching" daily. Little Bird is now practically begging me to teach her how to read. I sit with her on my lap, read to her, help her sound out little words, help her write these little words, etc. However, Kangaroo can be a distraction yada yada. I'm not trying to make excuses.

For the very first time, my girls participated in separate activities today. My Little Bird excelled where she was as did Kangaroo. They seemed to enjoy and thrive in their times apart.

For a while now, I have been struggling with the ideas of registering Little Bird for Kindergarten, even though she'll turn 6 years old shortly after school starts. However, her late birthday may be a benefit to starting Kindergarten a little late.

I have prayed for another "sign" or "Handwriting on the Wall" so to speak, but am not getting this sort of communication from Him at this time. However, there is a hint of peace about signing her up for Kindergarten.

I guess my REAL struggle is with the idea of "letting go". On the other hand, I still have my Kangaroo at home for a couple more years.

I request prayers from my praying friends. Thanks for listening.

No comments: