Dec 15, 2009

Christmas Procrastination

I am stuck in a rut. There are only 10 shopping days left until Christmas and I haven't even gotten started! I have so many people in my family! I have toyed with ideas of handmade gifts, but at this point it's a bit late to start any projects. I have explored the idea of restaurant gift cards, but after a bit of math decided it would be too extravagant. I have explored the "gift in a jar" idea, but can't seem to come up with any new/fresh ideas.

I had a brainstorm this morning but am not sure how it might go over. I have decided that my gift to everyone in the family would double as a gift to myself! My gift to them would be my commitment to my health so that I could stay around and visit with them, teach them, learn from them, a bit longer than statistics say I should. AND the $$ that I would be spending on them would go towards a health club membership as part of my "Health Commitment" gift. I know, it sounds selfish and goofy.

I guess the biggest part of all this is that I'm hoping to avoid the crowds of stupid people at the stores. I shoulda started shopping online much earlier this year but also postponed doing so due to a bad debit card comprising experience a few years ago.

There are 21 Married Couples, 7 Single Adults, and 44 children under the age of 16. Anyway, the bottom line is that I'm feeling a bit Bah Humbug about this whole shopping, gift giving thing.

No comments: