Jul 5, 2013

Pennington: Feeling discouraged

I'm confused.  I'm not sure what's going on.  Since I couldn't go to Pennington yesterday, I completed a 4 mile walk at home.  It was hot, I was sweaty, I think I may have done too much but I'm not sure how.  I'd been walking the same speed, distance, and pretty much the same incline all week before.  So, what happened?  Maybe it was the heat yesterday.  After all, I did do the walk outdoors.

Anyway, I got up this morning and went to Pennington for my stint on the treadmill and, well, it was rough.  We started out 3.0 grade and 3.0 speed but 15 minutes in and I quickly asked them to bump it down.  I was having pain in the toes on BOTH feet and even the right shin!  My minimum heart rate zone is 127 bpm but when we bumped the grade and speed down, I couldn't seem to get above 125.  I felt like I was walking and sweating for nothing. I need to get my heartrate up to at least 130 in order for me to feel like I'm accomplishing anything.  The burn in the lower legs and feet is dragging me down. 

Is there any way to do this stuff without pain? 

I realize that I am a sedentary individual and that any amount of exercise will cause me some pain since I'm not used to exercising on a daily basis.  I just don't care for all this feeling sore all the time stuff.  It's nearly enough to make me quit.

This weekend, I will get a 3 day break.  I can do some sort of exercise tomorrow so I think I'll just go swimming.  Sunday and Monday I am not allowed to exercise at all due to blood work and other tests being done.  That means that when I return on Tuesday afternoon, those 2 days off are also gonna effect my Tuesday workout.  Yikes!

If anyone has any tips, please feel free to share. 

No comments: