Jul 3, 2013

Pennington: Week 3, Thoughts on Food, Toes, and Walking

I know I sound like I'm whining a lot (at least I THINK I sound like that).  I woke up this morning just thinking about getting over to Pennington to endure my torture, er, do my walk.  My first thought was, "Man, I'm so tired of thinking about this stuff all the time!" 

On Monday and Tuesday, we bumped up the incline to grade 2.5 at 2.8 mph. This zone feels good for me but it isn't working my heart hard enough.  I'm having some issues under my 2nd toe on the left foot.  Have you ever ran around barefoot as a kid?  Ever step on a hot match or discarded cigarette butt that was still lit?  If so, remember that initial burning pain?  That's what I'm experiencing.  It doesn't start right away, it usually *pings* at 3.25 miles into the walk when I'm nearly finished.  Then it stings and burns for a while before I take my shoes off and rub my feet.  Afterwards, I'm fine .... until the next time I hit 3.25 miles on my walk when it happens again.  Pennington's PA Ron told me today that he thought it was Morton's Neuroma and that there's not much that can be done for it.

I'm a little tired of thinking all the time about walking and healthy food but I know that it will be goo for me in the long run.

No comments: