Apr 17, 2019

2019, Apr 17 - Your ashes

Dearest Charlie,

I just wanted to let you know that I changed my mind about scattering you hither and yon.  I found that there was no way I could afford a plane ticket to Alaska to scatter you up there.  Besides, I'm not sure I'm very welcome anyway.  I'll have to tell you about that another time.

Today, Church Funeral Services buried your brother Wade's ashes at the foot of your parents grave.  I decided you might be happier there as well, so I took you to be buried also.  They did give me a handful of your ashes to scatter on the home place though.  So I do have part of you.  I just don't know WHAT part of you I have.  :D  Maybe your right arm.  Anyway, I will scatter you back at the deer plot and behind the house off the bayou.  Your favorite places to roam.  Will that be okay with you?  You don't have to answer, I'm just going to assume it will be.

I saw a cardinal yesterday.  I don't see them often, but when I do, I like to think that you are somehow dropping by to check on me and the girls.  This cardinal just hopped around the yard for a VERY long time.  Hop Hop Hop about 3 inches at a time.  He looked really healthy though, so I just guess he was hunting for crickets or something.  He flew away when I made a move to open the front door for a closer look.

We love and miss you so much, my Love.

Love,
Me

No comments: