Jun 6, 2019

2019, Jun 6 - 16 months and a Dog attack

Dearest Charlie,

I am so very sorry that I haven't posted in so long.  I have learned so much and so much has happened since I last wrote a year ago.

I've been really mad at you for a while now.  How dare you leave me in such a position?  Not filing the TAXES?  REALLY?  I had to hire an attorney to untangle the mess.  At this point, I'm not sure what's going to happen.  I just got a letter today from the IRS saying they have received all the documents I sent them and they would give me a "complete response" within 90 days.  Well, here's hoping they feel sorry for me!

The girls have been coping pretty good this year.  M1 has really developed artistically and is using that as her outlet.  She has come so FAR!  M2 - well, now, THIS child is REALLY yours!  Good Lawd!  All I can say in just a few words is that she's been a HANDFUL!  Disrespect, Disobedience, Theft, among just a few things.  However, she's gotten better during this past month.

On Thursday, I drove her to a friends house to deliver a birthday gift.   Though I saw a Beware of Dog sign, I really didn't think much of it.  I had been there before and so had she and neither one of use ever had any problems with the 4 dogs (a pit, 2 pit mix boxers, a catahoula mix).  I parked the car and told her to take the gift to her friend.  I had no intentions of getting out of the car.

The 4 dogs came up and approached her, sniffing her hands, acting friendly, barking a little, but nothing of concern.  Then as she tried to get closer to the house, they got more aggressive.  Jumping on her, scratching her, nipping at her jeans and though not yet biting, they were catching the fabric on her jeans.  She ended up dropping the gift in the driveway and slowly made her way back to the car.  As she reached, the car, the dogs determined that she was not going to get in.  She opened the car door, then they started biting flesh and they began pulling her away from the car!

She stayed calm and managed to get inside the car and closed the door on the head of one dog.  I honked the horn and, for a second got their attention, then I threw the gear in reverse and began moving.  The attack was stopped and then M2 fell apart.

I took her home and told her to get in the shower with antibacterial soap.  Then I took her to the ER to get checked out and make a report.  The owner called to check on her and informed me that this was the 2nd attack in as many months!  The dogs had to be quarantined for 10 days.  Two will be put down and the other two re-homed.  I felt bad that he's losing his dogs but sheesh Charlie!

I really NEED you here to deal with such things!  When I got home, I kept trying to remember what it is that you would do in such a situation.  Would you have gone down there and shot the dogs?  Would you have gone with filing a report?  What would you have done?  I can't remember anymore!

I miss you so much!  I miss our life together.  I miss having you around our girls.  I miss even hearing you snore.  I miss everything about you.  I wish I didn't have to live without you now.

Love,
Me

No comments: