Jun 10, 2019

2019, Jun 10 - Decluttering the House

Dearest Charlie,

I know that in one of my earlier posts, I mentioned that I was going to start de-cluttering the utility room.  Well, it took me a while.  I tried.  But the first thing I put my hand on was the hospital bag with your slippers still inside.  I couldn't de-clutter then.  Fast Forward a year, and I started getting it done.  I think it was April (?), I can't remember.  I've been doing a little at a time.

It took me 3 days to do the utility room.  Another couple of days for the kitchen.  OH!  I found your dogtags and military medals!  I was so excited to find them!  Why in the world did you put them on top of the kitchen cabinet?  I ALMOST threw them away not knowing what was inside that little plastic bag!  Thank heavens I opened it to see what it was!  I bought a little shadow box and put the pins and medals in that for display next to your flag.

OH, and you'd be so excited to hear this too!  Kyle got MARRIED!  YEP!  Him and Kaylee finally tied the knot!  They even got a picture printed of you to put on the memory table at their wedding.  They then went on a honeymoon to Sandals resort in Jamaica.  They had a really great time and he was so excited about it.   He misses you very much also.  He is still driving that old truck you gave him.  Somehow, he's keeping it going!

After the wedding, I got back to de-cluttering and tackled our bedroom.  I cannot believe how much STUFF we have accumulated over the years!  Good-NESS!  When Kyle went in during a visit, he nearly fell over!  He hollered, "MOM!  Have you been ROBBED?"

I de-cluttered the living room and dining area too, hauling off boxes and boxes of stuff to Goodwill and burning the rest. Slowly, the house is coming back together on the inside. But Dahlin', it's falling apart on the outside.  It's only a matter of time before something will HAVE to be done.  The marriage wall that holds the two halves together is coming apart inside due to the house becoming unlevel and sinking in the mud.  I don't understand why you put it where it is.  Just a few more feet forward and it would be on a more solid foundation.

No matter now though.  I'll just have to figure out what to do, if anything, and take care of it.
Well, enough about that.

Your 2nd Father's Day in Heaven is approaching.  Tell PawPaw and Granny we said hello and we miss them too.  I guess you've seen Steve and both of you met Wade when he arrived.  We love and miss you all tremendously.

Love Always,
Me

No comments: