Jun 26, 2013

Pennington Workouts: Week 2, Day 2 - Mental Block

So, I finished my work out yesterday but let me tell ya how it started.

Woke up, got dressed, and hit the road.  I live a good 45 - 50 minutes east of the Pennington facility.  I can make that drive in 30 minutes if traffic is cooperative.  If not, it takes much longer.  Along the drive, I have time to listen to talk radio or whatever.  I also have time to pep myself up for the workout.  I am finding though, that I'm trying to come up with excuses to NOT work out. 

Yesterday, upon arriving at Pennington, I procrastinated for a full 20 minutes before making myself get to my assigned treadmill.  Even then, the little worker there physically touched my lower back and gently pushed me toward the treadmill saying, "Just get on it!"

Once I did, I was good.  I did the warm up and walked 3 miles (according to the readout) in less than 56 minutes.  The shower afterwards felt wonderful.

At what point does this exercise thing become habit and I no longer feel this dread about it?  Thoughts?  Please hollah!

No comments: