Aug 30, 2009

Digital Camera Needed

I went on a church outing yesterday. A canoe trip. I made a stupid mistake and took my lovely Kodak Z712is along with me. I've been canoing before. I know the chances of getting dunked are pretty high. Especially when canoing with my girls in the canoe with me. But I wanted to take some pictures and it never occurred to me to invest in a waterproof disposable. I don't know what I was thinking.

Anyway, to make a long story short. My camera got baptized....went swimming....was immersed in water....whatever. I brought it home, let it dry out for 24 hours, put some new batteries in it and turned it on. Yay! It powered up!...but that's all it did. The LCD screen and viewfinder show nothing. They are both black.

It's my humble opinion that I have killed the camera. Therefore, I'm in the market for a new one. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to let me know! I'd prefer something in the $250 - $400 range.

Thanks!!!

No comments: