Sep 9, 2009

Newly Found Proverbs?

The title of this post refers to the book of Proverbs in the Bible. As I understand it, Proverbs is a collection of wise sayings from the biblical period.

I found some books in my house. A set of "Rare Recipes & Budget Savers", first printed in 1961. At the bottom of each page of these books is a sentence or two of wise words titled "Last Blast" (thus the Proverbs reference). As I was reading through them, I laughed out loud. Others are quite profound and thought provoking. Then I thought, "I would love to share these with my bloggy friends". Thus, the following.

1. Don't be offended if someone tells you to "go fly a kite". Ben Franklin made it pay off.

2. Everyday is Judgement Day - use a lot of it!

3. If you can't sleep, don't count sheep. Talk to the Shepherd.

4. The hen is the only thing we know of that can lay around and make money.

5. People who live in a one-bathroom house should never drink their prune juice at the same time.

6. It's better to tighten your belt than to lose your pants.

7. The only people you should try to get even with are those who have helped you.

8. For some women, marriage can be a sweeping experience. It also can include cooking, baking, ironing, and serving as family chauffers.

9. Poise isthe art of raising the eyebrows instead of the roof.

And I'll leave you with a thought provoking LAST BLAST for today.....

10. The greatest danger for most of us is not that we aim too high and miss, but that our aim is too low -- and we reach it!

Ya'll be sure and stay tuned. There are many more where these came from!!

No comments: