Aug 4, 2009

Infected Household - Lastworditis

There is another infection in my home! I really need to figure out how to disinfect my house from this horrible bacteria/virus. I have diagnosed it as Lastworditis. It has infected my oldest two children and I'm afraid it will be spread to my younger two.

It seemed to be at it's worst yesterday. I don't know yet how today will be affected since one of each age group are currently still in bed (@ 9:45 a.m.).

It was bad yesterday that I literally pulled my hair and ran out of my house! I jumped into my vehicle and went for a ride. I had some Blockbuster movies to return anyway.

I am tired of telling/asking the older kids (ages 21 and 15) to do some household chores. They absolutely refuse to do anything! I'm tired of fighting with them about it.

When the 21 y.o. is asked or told to do SOMETHING around her to contribute to the household by way of housekeeping, we get a lot of this, "What are you gonna do when I move out?" to which I usually respond (in my head, to myself), "WHEN - WHEN - WHEN are you moving out!!!? WHEN will this blessed event occur!!! PUH-LEEZ!!!" However, I don't say this to her face. Heaven forbid I would want to make her feel unwanted. (she doesn't read this so I'm not too afraid of saying it here).

Actually, she now has a boyfriend who has recently bought and house and asked her to move in with him. Although I do not condone or approve of living together before marriage, there's not much I can do about her decision other than to let her know that I dont' care for it. But that's another story.

When The Teen is asked or told to ... take the garbage out, I (and hubby) get this, "Why? Why do I have to do the garbage?". It doesn't matter if it's the garbage or load the dishwasher but we always get the back talk.

If I attempt to even answer the "Why?" I get interrupted with "mom, you're not listening to me!". How am I not listening? I didn't even get to finish what I was saying!

I know my little rant here is probably not making any sense. I'm just sooooo frustrated!! If anyone out there has any advice that I can apply here, please feel free to leave a comment.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

That tends to be in my house too!!! Wish I could help but I can't!! Love your word for it!!

Cynthia said...

I surprised myself today with my response to him when he opened his mouth today! I said to him, "You know that thing below your nose there? It's moving again!" He shut up and went on to do what he was told.