Mar 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

"Whatcha want fer yer birthday Mom?" I asked.

She replied, "A million dollars!"

"Yeah right. I'm just not that blessed. Sorry. Hey, pick a color!"

"What?"

"Pick a Color...one of the basic ones...like from an 8 count box of Crayons."

"Oh, okay. Well, Green! Money's green right?"

"Mom, I can't guarantee that I'll have money for you. Sorry. But I can guarantee that it will be green."

So, today, on my way home from church, I stopped by Dollar Tree and ran down each aisle collecting anything that looked green. I was happily surprised to find some chocolate bars wrapped in a million dollar wrapper!


What you see in the above picture is a feather duster, some cans of Green Beans, Mom's totes (for collecting stuff floating around in the car), and the candy bars dressed as a million bucks. In the basket is some hand sanitizer (green apple), a magnetic shopping list, a candle, kitchen sponges, snack cups, a small laundry rope, a manicure kit, and that's all I can think of. Oh, and of course, everything was the color green.


Then, we went to meet my mom, stepdad, and brother at the Santa Fe Cattle Co. restaurant. (By the way, I have a restaurant review for this place too. It was my first time there.)


As you can see from the following photo, my mom absolutely LOVED the green gift!

She ESPECIALLY loved the million dollar chocolate bars!

The couple shot!
A table shot (well, okay ... half a table).

An after lunch photo op!
My brother gave mom a bunch of roses too! Isn't he sweet?

Happy Birthday Mommy! May all your wishes come true!! I love you!!

No comments: