Mar 7, 2010

Resturant Review: Santa Fe Cattle Co.

For the first time in my life, I was privileged to enjoy a lunch at the Santa Fe Cattle Co. restaurant located in Hammond, LA. I had driven past this place several times and kept telling myself that one day I will go in there. Today was that day.

This restaurant has a very relaxed and casual atmosphere with outstanding service. Our waitress was fast, friendly, and efficient. The decor was a mix of Cracker Barrel antiques and trailer trash kitsch including a Red Bull can mortared into the brick!






But the real reason we come to a restaurant is for the food. Right? If you're really hungry and just can't wait for the appetizers to be served, feel free to indulge in the pail of roasted peanuts strategically placed in the middle of the table. Don't even think of proper disposal of the shells. Just toss those suckers on the floor!

Not being in the mood for peanuts, I perused the menu for a bit, I ordered one of my favorite dishes....the chicken fried steak.

While we waited for the main dishes to get cooked and served, our waitress brought some yummy homemade soft yeast rolls to the table. Next to the rolls was a tiny little tub of cinnamon butter. I have never had cinnamon butter. Most restaurants I've been to in the past had honey butter or something else. But cinnamon butter? Yum Yum!!! I spread this stuff on the roll and it melted all over my fingers.

A few minutes later, the waitress reappeared and sat THIS down in front of me! Just look at the SIZE of that thing! Delish!!!


I would like to have had some veggies on the side as well. But, alas, what you see is what you get. However, the price wasn't bad at only $10 for the plate!!! I plan to return soon and will remember to order some veggies. I just know they'll be yummy, too (as well as good for me!).

Here we are posing with the Longhorn after we sufficiently stuffed ourselves to the gills.
If you get a chance, mosey on eastward from Baton Rouge and stop in Santa Fe for a real western treat.

No comments: