Oct 27, 2008

Monday, Monday

I never know what to title these bloggy things. I've been hesitant to post the past couple of days. I've been in a funk I guess. The weather was so beautiful yesterday but I couldn't really enjoy it. See, Saturday night my girls both had a bad dream. So, around 1:30 or 2 a.m. my Little Bird comes crawling into bed with us and Kangaroo was about 3 seconds right behind her. Good thing we just got a King sized bed!! Anyway, they were very restless sleepers at that point. Several times during the wee hours I woke up with a foot in my face or in my back or in my stomach. They like to lay across the bed instead of down the bed like your supposed to do.

Okay, well after all that, I had the alarm set for 7:30 a.m. to get up and get dressed for church. DH got up and took the 21 y.o. work (she had to be there at 7 a.m.). As he left, he woke me up and said he'd be back about 8. Well, I was thinking that when he got back, he could wake me, and I'd get myself dressed and go on to church. I'd skip out on getting the girls dressed because they'd had such a restless night. So, I closed my eyes again and drifted back into my lovely slumber.

I awoke with a start at 8:20 a.m. and realized DH wasn't home. I jumped out of bed and proceeded to get myself ready to go. I had to have my booty on the piano bench at church no later than 9:30 a.m. As I'm getting dressed, DH comes in. He'd stopped at the store for coffee and the Sunday paper. He took his time and enjoyed the crossword puzzle for a bit before deciding to come on home. At any rate, by 8:45 I'm ready to walk out the door. Imagine my eyes rolling back in my head as my girls sensed my leaving thus waking up with a roaring, "I wanna go to church!!!".

"Okay, but we need to hurry!" I say and I proceed to look through their things for clean dresses. Yes, Yes, I've been neglected my laundry duties. Finally, I found something for them, got them dressed, tossed them each a biscuit for the ride, and loaded them in the SUV. By the time I actually got on the road, it was 9:25!

I drove about a mile when my SUV starts beeping at me to "Check Tire Pressure". Arrrgghhh!!! Could anything else delay me? I placed a phone call to the church to let the music minister know I was on my way but running later than usual. Stopped and checked the tire pressure. Everything was fine. I was again on my way.
I got there in time to rehearse the worship invitation/benediction. The music minister wasn't very happy with me but **shoulder shrug** oh well!

Got home after church and laid the girls down for a nap. I hopped in bed with them for a short one for myself and we all woke up at 5 PM!!! Great! Now we won't sleep tonight! To my surprise, they were ready for bed and dozing off by 9! Yay!

Today, we started our homeschool lessons and were finished earlier than I thought we'd be. Then I proceeded to tackle the master bedroom for garage sale items. My mom, sister, and I are doing a multifamily sale at mom's house on Saturday. I have 3&1/2 days to get my stuff together!

It's amazing how overwhelmed one can get when they decide to declutter their house. I couldn't do anything today! I stood in my bedroom doorway and just stared! I had somehow hoped that the items would just jump out and scream "Take me! Take Me!" but that didn't happen.

After a run down to St. Amant to visit the in-laws, I made a short detour past the Dollar General and Family Dollar for some boxes. Got home and borrowed a tandem trailer from my dad and began loading the boxes on it. Things will be much easier tomorrow as I begin loading boxes and setting them on the trailer. Friday night I'll drive it all over to mom's and start setting up.

I'm not feeling so funky anymore. I finally feel like I might actually get something accomplished!

No comments: