Oct 24, 2008

My Friday

Okay, well, there's not much going on here. I've been playing around on my blogspot and looking at others. I got out of bed at 9:45 a.m. this morning. The girls and I had a late breakfast and then I did some online Christmas shopping before finally getting away from the computer to practice some music on the piano. At around 3 p.m. I decided to get out of the house and distract myself by going to Wal-Mart. I asked Martha to ride with me just for the company.

We didn't get very far when the girls started hollering that they needed to go potty. I asked both of them if they could hold it until we got to Wal-Mart and they both said yes. However, once we arrived at Wal-Mart, I had forgotten all about them needing to go to the bathroom. We went straight over to the Health dept and got some items I needed and then we went to the Toy dept to look and play a little bit. While I was looking at a toy, I heard Kangaroo say, "She tinkled!" and I turned to see Little Bird squatting in the aisle with a huge yellow puddle underneath her. To my horror, I looked up to see another Wal-Mart shopper standing right behind her with this mortified look on her face. What? She'd never witnessed a child have a tee tee accident? I guess not!

At any rate, I grabbed Little Bird's arm and firmly spoke to her, "You're supposed to TELL ME!" and thinking at the same time, "She DID tell me and I ignored it!" feeling like a horrible parent! I raced to the bathroom with her squishing footfalls behind me. On the way I detoured through the little girls' dept. for a fresh pack of panties and a $1.00 pair of shorts.

After the bathroom visit, we headed on out of the store. I'd figured that at this point I needed to just get back home.

So, to home we go, and here I sit now typing a silly blog that no one is prob'ly gonna read. I hear the girls playing in the bedroom, the son is watching "I, Carly" in the living room. Little Bird comes in and tells him to "put it on a kid's show!" to which he yells, "I did!".

I look at these other blogs and wonder how in the world these women with the 25 kids can do it all! I have only 2 that I'm chasing after and I feel that I'm failing miserably.

According to the blogs I read, these women jump out of bed, bright eyed and bushy tailed, every morning! They have a strict, daily schedule that they follow in order to run their household and educate their children. I have had good intentions for many years but can't seem to take the step to get it all together! What's my problem? Why is it they seem to do everything right but I don't?

No comments: