Jan 23, 2009

My Knight

My husband is the greatest! He got up this morning very early to get some reports done before taking off to New Iberia to do some welding inspections. At 5:30 a.m. my oldest daughter woke up to head out to work. She was supposed to be there at 6:30 a.m. She walked out to her boyfriend's car (he loaned it to her for a while) and the thing wouldn't start. She came right back in and announced to hubs that there was something wrong with the car, she couldn't get the key to turn. He put his reports on hold while he went out and looked at it for a while. He couldn't immediately figure out what was wrong with it. He came in after a few minutes and told me that he was taking her to work. It's a 15 mile drive one way to her office. Therefore, this task of taking her to work took 30 miles and about 45 minutes of travel time out of his day.

As soon as he returned, he gets back on the computer to get those reports finished. About 15 minutes later, my dad comes in. Seems he was doing some work next door hauling a little trailer load of broken cement to put in some holes in his driveway. Anyway, he backed up wrong or something and ended up putting his Xterra in the ditch...thus getting it stuck. He comes to see if my hubby can help pull his truck out of the mud. My husband again puts his reports on hold and goes out to help a member of my family who had gotten themselves into a bind.

Now, I happen to know that he was aggravated to start with due to the reports that he had to get done. Combine that with the fact that the format the reports are in aren't conducive to hubby's computer skills. But he put all that hold (he probably really needed the break) to "rescue" my daughter and shortly after that "rescue" my dad.

As much as I complain about my hubby, (well, maybe not here but definitely to other friends) it's times like these that he shows his true colors and reveals to me the knight in shining armor that he truly is. He is such a cool guy! I just LOVE him!!!

No comments: