Jul 7, 2009

Book Review: Jesus Calling


I am FINALLY getting around to doing this little book review.

Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence written by Sarah Young is a beautiful little book, weighing less than a pound. It's small enough and light enough to put in your purse and carry along to read while waiting at the doctor's office, dentist's office, or for an oil change in your vehicle. Setting aside or "making the time" to do a daily devotional couldn't be easier!

This book is a devotional book to be read on a daily basis. However, for the sake of review, I cheated and read more than one entry at a time. I like that it's written in first person, as if Jesus is talking directly to the reader. For me, I found that to be very enlightening and easy to understand what it being said. I didn't have to strain my brain to decipher or interpret the messages.

On my first night of reading, I personally felt as if Jesus was talking to me! It was absolutely awesome to "see" His hand at work right there in front of me!

I would recommend this book as a gift book for any occasion or even “just because” for that someone in your life who is trying to understand a little more about how to live Jesus filled life.

No comments: