Jul 3, 2009

Lunch Date with Siblings

This morning at approximately 9:30 a.m., while on the verge of awakening but not wanting to because I really wanted to see how my dream, my bedside telephone rang. It was my only brother inviting me to share brunch with him and our baby sister. I was excited and hurriedly dressed to join them. I had visions of scrambled eggs, bacon, and other carbs. By the time I joined them, it was nearly 10:15 a.m. We decided then to just wait for lunch. We went to my brother's office where he introduced our baby sister to his co-workers.

One of his co-workers suggested wego to Chookie's in Hammond for lunch. It's a little hole in the wall place that really good seafood!!! I ordered a grilled shrimp salad, fried shrimp pistolette, and a seafood gumbo minus the rice. It was all so good!

Afterwards, my sister and I dropped the brother off at his job location and then we went on into Ponchatoula for some sightseeing. I showed her where a micro geocache was located and then we went into the Collinswood museum for a history lesson on the area. It was really intriguing.

Then we went down the road for a Sno-Cone and sat and visited for a bit before I returned her to her vehicle. I had a truly blessed day visiting with them.

No comments: