Jul 21, 2009

Random Ramblings

I'm such a bad blogger. I haven't posted any thoughts on things for quite some time. I really need to recommit to this if I'm truly gonna say that "I have a blog!". I've been working on some more little "passport" projects similar to the one I did for our Epcot adventure. Only this time, I'm focusing on the Louisiana state parks. Some states already have a passport for their state parks, but our Sportsman's Paradise doesn't. Next year's family vacation is also on the drawing board (thus my passport for Louisiana).

At first I wanted to take another "road trip" to some far away place like Glacier National Park or Yellowstone National Park. However, I was rethinking it and thought visiting every state park at home. Then move on to the "neighbors" of Mississippi, Arkansas, and Texas. We can still have great vacations without all the time on the road. Once these places are knocked off the traveling list, then we can to another big road trip. Yellowstone would definitely be a two weeker for us since I just can't stand to be in such a beautiful place and only spend a short day there.

I'm also planning for my Christmas gifts this year. Some projects I've made in the past include:

1. A queen sized Family Tree quilt complete with hand embroidered individual family names on the "tree".
2. A double sized denim quilt with fabric painted hand prints from some of the grandkids, for my dad.
3. Stuffed letter pillows.
4. Personalized pillow cases.
5. Personalized camoflage velcro fastener wallets - bought from the Dollar Tree and then personalized with a gold paint pen.
6. Baskets with 1/2 pint jars of homemade Mayhaw and Blackberry jelly and a package of Martha White biscuit mix and muffin mix.
7. Baskets with jars of bean soup mix and a handmade hot rice pad that releases a sweet smell when a hot pot is placed on it.

I know there's more but I can't remember what they are at the moment. I really should start keeping a list so that I don't "repeat" gifts! LOL If I can find some pictures of what I've done, I'll post them at a later time for you to see.

No comments: