Apr 12, 2009

Family Easter Celebration

After we all celebrated our Savior’s resurrection, our family members joined together at my mom’s house for more celebration and togetherness. My little sister had driven down from Tennessee with her kids to join us. I was so happy to see her, my nephews, and my bonus niece!!! My brother also joined us.

My handsome husband opted to stay home this Easter Sunday so he could concentrate on his culinary gifts for the family meal. My little sister and I had talked during the week about the menu and we decided to go simple with roast beef and mashed potatoes and gravy. I told her that I would be responsible for the side dishes and that we’d get it all together Saturday night with plans to turn the crock pots on and throw things in the oven for Sunday afternoon.
Here's pics of my crew.


DH had decided that Easter Sunday meal would not be re heated but hot fresh out of the oven!!! Or in his case, the smoker. When the girls and I arrived at my mom’s house after church, we found my husband and my brother sitting on the front porch waiting for me to unlock the door and get the food laid out before mom got home from her church. Hubby started walking in with the smoked Ham, broccoli cheese casserole, garden green beans, scalloped potatoes, store bought macaroni salad, and store bought cheesecake.
Here's my lovely sister with my girls. Isn't she just beautiful?

While sitting down to eat, I made the comment to DH, “Honey thanks for cooking all this food! It’s delicious!!” My sister then replied, “Hey! Who cooked the roast beef?” (Well, she did, in the crock-pot ….. and it was delicious too!) I said to her, “Sissy, thank you for cooking this delicious roast beef!!!” and then my mom piped up, “Ahem…..” to which I replied, “Mom, thanks for cooking those yummy, crock-pot, mashed potatoes! There’s nothing like homemade mashed potatoes!”
This is my brother with Kangaroo.
Then my sister said to me, “And just what did you do?”
I said, “Well, I married the man that cooked the food!!!"
And what a feast it was….with the family gathered around…the conversations….and childhood memories. It was absolutely the best Easter ever and we ate WAY TOO MUCH food!!!!

No comments: