Apr 9, 2009

"Mom! You Look....."

Leaving my little ones with their eldest sibling, I went out today and got a spring haircut. It doesn't quite look like I expected it to but my hair grows pretty fast so in the next 2 weeks it'll be just like I want it.

Anyway, so I got home and laid down for a nap. I slumbered peacefully for a little while and then got up to help hubs prepare dinner. My little ones had already risen and were outside playing on the swingset.

They ran inside for a drink of water and spied me standing by the kitchen sink. They slid to a stop, their eyes wide, and said, "Mommy! You look beautiful!!!" Kangaroo said, "Yeah, you look like that lady in the movie!!!

I've always heard the comments from children are the most honest. So I was basking in the glow and thanked them for their compliments.

I asked Kangaroo, "What lady in the movie?"

She replied, "The Witch!"

My husband, who was standing aside peeling shrimp for the grill, dropped everything and cracked up laughing. When he was able to get a breath he say, "Well, THAT burst your bubble didn't it!"

Hmmmm.....kids (and hubbys).....gotta love 'em!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Too funny!!! Hey...it must be the beautiful witch they were referring to right?!?!?!

Post a picture. I would love to see it!!