Apr 25, 2009

5 lbs. of Possum

The Teen got up early this a.m. and went out to check his grandpa's traps. My dad is hoping to trap a raccoon for dog training purposes. The Teen returned in record time with his catch. However, it was not the ringtailed bandit he thought he'd have. Instead, it was this very attractive critter.
My girls were quite mesmerized with the animal. I had to warn them SEVERAL times NOT to touch the cage!!!
Finally, when The Teen was satisfied that the girls had their fill of the possum, he took it back to the woods and turned it loose.
And for the rest of the day I had this lovely little song reverbing through my head. I looked it up on YouTube and this is the clearest video I could find of the song. I don't know this fella but he's got a nice voice doesn't he?


Anybody feel like some possum stew?

No comments: