May 4, 2018

2018, May 2 - More Sheet Metal and He Moved the Piano

Hey Babe,

I am really missing you tremendously this week.  I was telling a friend of mine about your cooking.  your red beans and rice, shrimp tacos, and shrimp and corn chowder.  Man, I'm missing your cooking.  I'm not doing any cooking since you've been gone.  I guess I need to learn because the girls need to eat.  I've been very bad at it.  

So far, the sheet metal has not sold.   There's another fella coming to look at it tomorrow.  I'm praying he takes it because I sure could use the cash right now.

The girls have been giving me some trouble lately.  I pulled the "Dad" card and told them they don't get to speak to me in the tones they have been using.  It's disrespectful and not allowed.  I told them "What do you think your dad would say?" and then they replied, "You didn't have to bring that up!"  To which I responded, "Well, if you two weren't such little A-holes, then I wouldn't HAVE to bring it up!"  They shut up finally and had better attitudes the next morning.  I hate that it seems like we're constantly fighting lately.  I miss the laughter and the fun days we had.  I miss you and I know they do too.

On another note, Destry went and moved the piano to the other side of the stage.  I don't like it at all.  I feel like I've been punished and sent to the corner.   At band practice the other night, I didn't even feel like I was there to begin with.  I was over on the piano bench and completely ignored by everyone there.  I got a look when I began playing a soft song very loudly.  I think I got someone's attention then but couldn't be sure because I never looked up from the sheet music long enough to make eye contact.  I was so angry!  Not just because the piano was moved.  In fact, that wasn't what I was angry about at all.  I was angry at you.  Angry that you would leave us the way you did.  Angry that you aren't here with us like you should be.  And it was coming out in my playing Wednesday night.  The piano getting moved just triggered it.

I miss you so much.  I want you here with us.  I don't want to do the dating thing.  The men these days are dweebs.  None of them will ever measure up to you.

I love you and miss you!!!

Me


No comments: