May 4, 2018

2018, May 3 - National Widow's Day

Hey Babe, 

How come we never knew of National Widow's Day?  Is it because we just never paid attention?  I had no idea this day existed! But I'm glad it does.  

The day isn't for celebrating. It's more to bring awareness that widow's aren't just bitter, little old ladies, hiding in their house, wearing black veils and wailing of their loss. They’re amazing, loving, vibrant, beautiful, handsome people with a lot more love and life to give and live. Being widowed is like being on the tilt-a-whirl, bumper-cars, slingshot, roller-coaster and terror-ride then throwing up all at once. And not in a good way!! But I have met some of the most amazing people on this journey. They are superhero strong, wicked funny, southern tea sweet and way more supportive than a sports bra.

I even re-connected with a friend from way back when!  His name is Gene.  He was married when I met him 35 years ago.  George and I actually lived with him, his wife, and their 3 babies for about a month in 1985.  As it turns out, his wife, Emma, passed away just 3 short months before you did, my Love!  Was she waiting for you at the door to heaven?  Did she convince you to conspire with her?  Because Gene and I think it's a little strange that we re-connected the way we did.     

I won't go into it here.  I will save that story for another time.  But we are both convinced you and Emma had something to do with it.  If you did, thank you for that.  Talking with Gene has helped both of us in our grief journey.  It's been comforting to talk to someone who is walking the same walk. 

I love and miss you bunches.

Me

No comments: