Sep 29, 2009

I'm the WHAT?

My husband had to go work out of town for one evening two weeks ago. While there, he called me up and we chatted a bit about things. Since I was feeling a little down and unattractive, I voiced that to him. I've been feeling this way for a while due to being overweight, something I'm trying (again) to do something about. Anyway, we had the following lighthearted conversation.

I said something to the effect of, "I love you!"

He said, "No you don't, you just like spending my money."

I replied, "Okay, I'll agree with that."

Then he said, "I love YOU."

I replied, "No you don't, you just like going away to make that money I like to spend."

Then he said, "You know I love you. I think you're beautiful in every way."

To which I replied, "Hmmph".

Then he said, "Honey, you are the jaaaam in my jellyroll!" to which I was struck speechless for a second or two and then I said, "What? I'm the jam in your jellyroll? What kind of movies have you been watching?"

It was really funny to me at the time! LOL Even funnier is that this occurred 2 weeks ago and that is still stickin' with me!

He doesn't bring me flowers or candy very often or romance me in ways the fellas in the movies do, but every now and then he'll say something like that.

He'll take the girls out for a spin on the fourwheeler and return with bouquets of black eyed susans from the roadside ditch. This past Sunday morning, I was even woken up to a plate of scrambled eggs, bacon, and a cup of V8 juice (my first South Beach diet breakfast) in BED!!!

It's the little things he does for me that make me realize just how much he loves me and this family. He really rocks!!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Awwww..very sweet!

Cynthia said...

Yeah, I believe he's a keeper! LOL