Sep 20, 2009

Birthday Week

Six years ago on September 11, my Little Bird joined our family. She's had a really big year this year with losing her first tooth (followed by 5 more), starting Kindergarten AND turning 6 years old!!! I wanted to let her know how special she is to me so I baked some cupcakes and took them to her classroom at school. Here she is smiling cheesily while the class serenades her with the "Happy Birthday!" song. The hat that she is wearing is from the Teddy Bear picnic the class had just enjoyed before I arrived with the cupcakes.


Here she is enjoying a cupcake!!!
Just a few days later, on Sept 15, Kangaroo turned 4 years old! Since she had accompanied me taking cupcakes to school on Little Bird's birthday, I also wanted to do something special for her. She does not attend preschool or anything so there was no class to share with. So, I called my mom to join us for lunch at a Ryan's restaurant. I figured that the waitresses would do the Happy Happy birthday chant and that would be Kangaroo's special time. It worked too!!! She wanted to wear a crown she had made about a month ago and then she requested to wear her Tinkerbell dress so she could be a birthday princess. Who am I do deny her request on her birthday? Doesn't she just look beautiful!!!?
With DQ at the table.
Showing us how royal she is.
Checking out the sweet stuff.
Mmm Mmm Good!!!
Gotta wash it all down!!

THEN, we had the OFFICIAL birthday shingdig at the local Chuck E. Cheese's to celebrate with family and friends. The girls had a grand old time!!!




They were especially excited to meet Chuck E. himself in person!!!
Happy Birthday to my sweetie pies!!! Don't grow up too fast!!!

No comments: