Feb 19, 2018

2018, Feb 19 - Margaret's Utility room floor

Early in my relationship with Charlie, my former mother in law had an issue with her laundry room floor caving in.  She had given birth to 11 children, 7 of whom were big strapping sons.  Not ONE of them would assist her with this laundry room floor, even of the two that were living with her! 

I talked to my Charlie about it and volunteered his services.  He wasn't happy about me volunteering him but he went along with it.  So, we went and looked at her laundry room and he determined how much plywood would be needed for the job.  We went to the Home Depot and bought the needed materials, returned to her home, and he went to work.  It wasn't a very big room and only needed about 2 pcs of 3/4 inch plywood.  He cut and nailed them into place and that was that.

The point I'm trying to make here is, he didn't have to do that.  He didn't know this lady but he knew that I was once married to her son.  He could have said, "Why doesn't he do this?" but he never did.  I believe it was at that time (or around that time) that I realized what kind of man he was, how much I loved and adored him, and that I did not want to let him go.

Charlie, I'm so proud of you, the man you were, & the man I love. 

No comments: