Feb 26, 2018

2018, Feb 26 - What I did today

Hey babe,

I just wanted to give you the rundown on what all happened today.  First of all, I overslept.  I had fully intended to go walk at that Anytime Fitness that I just signed a contract for.  I overslept and just tossed the packed gym bag in the truck in hopes that I'll get to it later this after noon.  That never happened. 

The first thing I did when I left the house was to drive up to the Big Boss/Chevron for a biscuit.  I was so mad when I couldn't find my wallet.  I just knew I left it at the house.  So, I drove ALL the way back to the house and went inside to find the wallet.  I couldn't find it anywhere!  The clock was ticking and I had an appointment to get to.  I walked back out to the truck and dumped my purse out and there it was.  In my purse the entire time!  Ugh!  Now I'm running 45 minutes behind schedule.

My first appointment was with Anchor Auto in Watson to get your truck a new windshield.  I didn't have time to wait for the truck as I had another appointment to get to for 10 a.m.  So, I called Uber for the first time ever!  It's GREAT!  The driver showed up in 10 minutes and took me to my first grief counseling appointment.

I was surprised by the counselor because #1 he's male and #2 he's 10 years old!!  Okay, so he may be a bit older than 10 but he sure doesn't look it!  I was a bit reserved about pouring my heart out to a kid, as qualified as he may be.  All we did this session anyway was rehash everything for the past year.  I started with your purchase of this huge motorhome and just went from there on the timeline.  He commented that he was impressed with my vivid and DETAILED recollections.  His comments now make me wonder if I'm at all normal. 

After that appointment, I did the Uber thing again to get back to the truck.  Can I just tell you that Uber is AMAZING!!  The driver was there to pick me up in less than 6 minutes after I called!  Simply OUTSTANDING!

I got back to get the truck and they had not only put a new windshield in it but they also inspected it!  It now sports a flashy, new, up to date inspection sticker!  Woo Hooo! 

I had some time to go get some lunch before my next appointment so I drove all the way back to Livingston for a grilled shrimp salad.  Then I went to S&S Automotive to have them take a look at the air conditioning  in the truck.  You never would fix that thing!  I couldn't understand why.  It only costs $300 for the compresser, dryer, and belt!  But when he told me it would be an all day job and labor would cost $600, then I understood.  Why wouldn't you just pay for the job to be done?  Why did you always insist that you would do it yourself when you knew you wouldn't?  You couldn't stand over that truck with your back in the condition it was in!  Were you in denial or something?  I wish you had talked to me more about it.  Now, I feel like you just kept it from me. 

After I made arrangements to drop the truck off next week for the A/C repair, I came back home.  I got here just in time for the school bus to arrive.  Mariah got off but Melody didn't.  I panicked!  Where was she?  I called the school while running inside the house to grab the girls LPCC binders.  Coach asked me some questions about what Melody was wearing, did she have a cell phone (that's another issue I need to discuss with you), etc.  As he was looking at the security cameras to see if he could spot her, Mariah piped up and said, "Oh!  I forgot! She has Jazz Band practice today!"  What!  Whew!  I told the coach I was headed in that direction. 

I got there and got her and took them to eat at G&J's.  I have to stop doing that.  I can't help myself though.  I miss your cooking!  I haven't cooked at all in 3 weeks because other people are doing it for me.  I know it isn't healthy for them but it was the quickest thing I could do.  Then, I drove them up to Watson for the their choir practice. 

When I dropped them off I decided to download that Tinder app on my phone and swipe through a  few guys profiles.  I found one that made it easy.  He listed his phone number with permission to contact him, so I did.  It's amazing the feels you can get through a text message.  He was friendly and all until he asked for my photo.  I sent it.  He stopped texting.  Oh well.  I miss you and getting all the pretty words from you.  I know how you felt about me.  I had no doubts.  This new single life is heartbreaking!  I don't want to be single!

I took myself over to Papi's for dinner again.  No anxiety attack tonight, but I did get a horrendous Taco salad. Ugh!   Remind me not to do that again.  Then I picked up the girls and drove them to Subway for dinner.  They each got one of those Chicken Chipotle sandwiches.  They said it was enough.  I actually pulled into the drive at 9.  I know you would have been proud.  I miss your texts telling me what time it is and reminding me it's a school night and that the girls need to get home. 

But we got home and they're in bed now while I sit here typing this out to you and missing you tremendously!  I love you!

No comments: