Feb 19, 2018

2018, Feb 4 - God Signs

So I want to take a minute and share with you a few little God signs from this morning. This is a little lengthy but hang in there.

First sign: I last spoke with my love at 2a this morning. I told him I loved him and that he needed to rest and heal for me. He replied “Okay. I love you too. See you later.” I told him I was right down the hall in the waiting room. I left him and went to rest for an hour. I was alone with just the vending machines. As I dozed, I heard an odd, soft “whoosh” or "pah" or something similar to birds wings flapping but not as hard as that.  It was a very soft sound. I sat up and thought, “hmm, must’ve been the AC.” Then the nurse walked in telling me he was being worked on.

Second sign: My husband has gone by 2 names all his life. I call him Charlie and his family calls him Allen. His name is Charles Allen Johnston but the Social Sec stuff that comes in the mail is addressed to Allen C. Johnston. About an hour or so after I was given the dreadful news, I began feeling weak, shaky, and light headed. I opted to go downstairs to the ER to get checked out before gathering the strength to meet with family and see my love one last time. The nurse who checked my blood sugar levels was wearing a nametag that said, “Alan C.”

Third sign: After taking care of business, saying my goodbyes, and scolding my love for leaving me here so soon, I looked at the clock and realized I had time to go home for a change of clothes and go to church. There was nothing more for me to do at the hospital and I needed my church family. Midway through the service, a special prayer was said for me and Ms. Polly Hutchinson who is laying her husband to rest tomorrow.

The songs today were
1. God’s Not Dead (first words are "Let Love and Explode and Bring the Dead to Life")
2. Lion and the Lamb (starts with
                         He's coming on the clouds, kings and kingdoms will bow down
                        And every chain will break, as broken hearts declare His praise
                        Who can stop the Lord Almighty?)
3. Grace Grace
4. Same Power (chorus:  The same power that rose Jesus from the grave
                                        The same power that commands the dead to wake)
5. At the Cross (Love Ran Red)
6. The Love of God

The sermon was based on Hebrews 2:5-9 “The Greater King”.
A. Jesus is King over the world to come. (vs.5-8a)
B. Jesus is King over the world today. (vs.8b)
C. Jesus is King over DEATH!! (v.9a)
D. Jesus is King over salvation. (v.9b)

Fourth sign:  At the end of the service, our pastor search committee made an announcement regarding the two year search for a pastor to lead our church.  The they have called?  His name is Charley.  On the day my husband dies, and I go to church, the new pastors name is Charley. 

Coincidence?  I don't think so.  I believe these signs to be divine messages.   There was entirely too much for it to be coincidence within just a few hours.

“For I know Who holds tomorrow, and I know Who holds my hand.”

No comments: