Feb 22, 2018

2018, Feb 22 - Our first Valentine's Date

I was just sitting here thinking about our first Valentine's date.  I remember being at work and leaving early to come home and get changed for our date  You had come over to the apartment with dinner that you picked up from the local grocery story.  I had gotten in the shower and when I got out, you had an empty styrofoam container on the counter and beautiful plate of food on the table with a lit candle and some roses in a vase.    You had planned ahead to prepare dinner because you knew we would be running late to the performance.

I finished getting dressed and we went downstairs to your truck.  You began driving and we drove for a while when you said, "Oh, shoot!  I forgot the tickets!"  I basically had a little panic attack and tried to convince you to turn around to go back and get them.  I finally realized after a bit that you were just messing with me.

We got down to New Orleans were you parked your truck in a parking garage.  We then we to see a performance of "The Phantom of the Opera".  We had orchestra seats!  I was so excited!  I had never been around anyone who dipped tobacco before so I was a little taken aback when you ordered a small drink and continually "sipped" on it throughout the performance.  At intermission, I realized that you were actually using it as a spit cup.  Why oh Why did I continue to date you?

After the performance was all finished and everyone exited the theater, we went back to the truck.  Before you started the truck, you gave me a kiss and then handed me a gift-wrapped CD that you took out from under your seat.  It was the "The Phantom of the Opera Soundtrack".  You were so sweet to me!  I miss you so much!

No comments: