Dec 9, 2008

Stupid Christmas Songs

I didn't realize how long it had been since I've posted. Sorry about that. I've been busy with a Thanksgiving wedding and other Christmas activities. During my runnings around I have had my surburban radio tuned into to 96.1 for all their Christmas tunes. Last night, they played that catchy little tune "Last Christmas". My 21 y.o. daughter turned to me and said, "That is the stupidest song I think I've ever heard". I have to agree with her. If you listen to the lyrics, it's just stupid.

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
But the very next day, you gave it away.
This year, to save me from tears,
I'll give it to someone special.

Ooookaaaayy, well, didn't you do that last year? Gave your heart to someone special? And then they went and gave it away.....so you're gonna do it again this year? COME ON!! This song has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Christmas spirit.

Just my little old opinion.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

LOL! We listen to 92.7...at least the Christmas songs are about Christ, and not dumb people! hee hee!