Feb 3, 2009

Bad Teacher!!

I'm such a bad mom, wife, and homeschool teacher. Okay, so maybe not THAT bad but I'm kinda feeling sorry for myself tonight (or this morning...note: It's 2:10 a.m.). My hubs is away tonight so that means that I'm pulling an all nighter. Fortunately, my kids are all safe and sound, snoozing peacefully, while I sit at the computer until the wee hours of the morning while listening to some paid programming on the tube. Every now and then I'll hear a foreign sound, a pop or something that gets my attention. Most often, it's just the ice maker in the freezer. Every now and then, it might be a mouse that the cold weather has driven in. Whatever it is, it and my computer are keeping me from going to bed to get the lovely beauty rest I need. (Lord knows I NEED IT!)

All this leads up to my neglectful teaching. I haven't really "taught" any bookwork since New Year's. I keep telling myself that I'll get back on it...tomorrow. And then for some reason or another, it doesn't happen. I WAS gonna get back on track today (or yesterday since it's now early in the morning the next day), but my Little Bird woke up with a fever and said her tummy hurt. So, I literally spent the day rocking my baby while her feverish little body fought off whatever bug was ailing her. Kangaroo stood by patiently, asking every half hour if she could watch Dora again...and again...and again...and again. Thank God I have 55 Dora episodes DVR'd on my thingy!!! I was able to keep her Dora addiction fed for the day!

Later in the evening, I had to go pick up the eldest child (the adult child) from work. On the way, Kangaroo fell asleep in the back seat and Little Bird perked up enough to serenade us with the alphabet song and at least a dozen questions on the extinction of the dinosaurs. Her inquiries regarding the dinosaurs gave me pause, causing me to consider how I would begin our teaching schedule again. I really need to get on that!!!

But before I do, I guess I should sign off and get a few hours of shut eye. Hubs will need my help tomorrow afternoon and I won't be a bit of good if I'm acting like a zombie!

No comments: