Feb 14, 2009

"My Husband Rocks" Fridays

Late, late last night as I was trying to get a stuffy headed kid to sleep, I saw this commercial on TV. It started out with a fella and his girlfriend, strolling along while holding hands. He stops, gets down on one knee and proceeds to propose to her. She responds by getting this horrified look on her face and pulls away from him. Along comes a "knight in shining armor" if you will, to rescue her from this proposterous proposal. He K.O.'s the proposer. Then he turns to address the camera and begins his dialogue with something like, "Marriage is the leading cause of divorce." He goes on to advertise an online hook up site for those single persons who don't want a serious relationship. I thought to myself, "What in the world?" What's this world coming to? Oh, yeah, I forgot, it's the lack of mutual respect between to people. It's the "live and let live", "every man for himself", "It's all about ME!" attitudes.


What does the above have to do with the following? I dunno. I just thought I'd mention it. So, anyway, I found this Meme while blog surfing. I decided that it would be a great way to focus on some of my husband's positive traits if only once a week. Katy Lin was inspired to start this weekly lifting up of her husband and has invited married bloggers everywhere to do the same. Every Friday, she says she will post a story, photo, or quote about how her husband rocks.


I started mine with Our 1st Valentine's post yesterday. I hope to continue this every Friday. I might even start doing the Love Dare, but I'll save those thoughts for another post.

No comments: