May 2, 2009

Birthdays and Friends and Treasure, Oh My!

We got up early this morning to head out to a birthday party that my beautiful little girls were invited to. The theme to the party was Pirates and Princesses. The invitees were supposed to be decked out in princess (or pirate) costumes. Kangaroo seems to have misplaced her Tinkerbell costume from last year. So on our way to the party, I made a detour to the local Wally World, spending about 20 minutes walking around in search of a birthday gift and another Tinkerbell costume. Finally finding what I was looking for, I made my exit and we were on our way.

When we arrived at the party, the girls were so excited they just unbuckled themselves and hopped right out of the truck to join their friends in the celebration. I joined them a minute later and approached a friend of mine. She turned and greeted me and about 2 seconds later put her hand on my shoulder, saying, "Do you know that you have your top on inside out?".

I immediately looked around for a hole to hide in. Not finding one, I decided to make my way to the nearest restroom to correct the situation. That done, I rejoined the festivities and began taking pics of my girls.

Here they are enjoying a hot dog and chips.


Little Bird and the birthday girl have a deep discussion.


Kangaroo is making the rounds.

Near the end of the party, one of the Pirates found a treasure map. If you can't read it, it says,
"Congratulations! Ye have found the map of Pirate Jean LaFite's treasure. Pirate Jean Lafite was mean as a snake. He swore a curse on anyone who dare touch his treasure, but if a princess or piratess pulls the treasure out of the ground, the curse will be broken. But woe to the young pirate who removes Pirate Jean Lafite's treasure from its resting place. That pirate shall suffer the kisses of ten princesses (on the lips)."
The pirates shuddered and issued an "eewwwww" at that last sentence.


The pirates and princesses embark on the treasure hunt.


Arrrgh! A treasure we have found, me hearties!!!

Little Bird shows off her bounty!


As does Kangaroo!


Twas a good day for birthdays and treasure hunting! Kudos to my friend for her creative party planning!!!

No comments: