May 24, 2009

Dance Recital Mishaps

My girls had their dance recital yesterday afternoon. It was Little Bird's Third and Kangaroo's First recital! They love to dance and when I tell you that they LOVE to dance, I mean, they LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE to dance! It's gotten to the point that when they misbehave, I tell them we won't go to dance class. They quickly straighten up at that!

Yesterday was a pretty uneventful afternoon, well, except for the rain. We got backstage and dressed in their tap costumes for their first dance of the evening. They did great! Watch the Video to see them dance to Crocodile Rock! Watch Kangaroo as she attempts to do what the other girls are doing. Little Bird just does her own thing. LOL They're too funny!

At intermission, I was "paged" to come backstage. My Little Bird was crying and had mussed up all her theatre makeup. She was having a dramatic reaction to the fact that the other little girls didn't want to play "I Spy" with her. I calmed her down and proceeded to repair the make up damage when I heard what sounded like running water. I thought to myself, "Uh Oh, someone spilled a bottle of water!". At the same time, it was announced that my girls were lining up for their ballet performance. I'm putting the finishing touches on Little Bird when Kangaroo comes to me, walking like a cowboy with bowlegs, and announces that she had a tee tee accident......while wearing her ballet costume!

Thankfully, another mom had an extra pair of matching tights!!! Little Bird got in line while Kangaroo and I made a run for the restroom to get cleaned up and changed. We got backstage just in the nick of time for her catch up with the other girls before going on stage for their "Pure Imagination" ballet dance number.

All I can say, is THANK GOD she didn't have her accident while ON STAGE!!!

After the Finale, I went back stage again to gather up their things and exit with the rest of the crowd. We met Daddy in the hallway where he presented our angels with a bouquet of flowers.....EACH! They were thrilled to receive their very own flowers and while riding on the way home they carefully examined each and every blossom. Half of the flowers survived the ride (the other half are in the back floor board of the suburban) and are currently residing in a table top vase on the kitchen counter.

All in all, it was a great afternoon with my dancing angel babies!

Will post pics and dance videos soon.

1 comment:

Amy said...

That's funny! Of course, I'm sure it is funnier after the fact than while you were going through it. Glad it all worked out:)