May 13, 2009

Disney: On Ice

In anticipation of our upcoming Disney vacation, I decided to get my gang in the mood by attending the Disney On Ice show.

We were welcomed to the show by some classic Disney characters.


Following the welcome was a short Lion King production number that featured a pair of skaters representing Simba and Nala. The performance they gave was absolutely breathtaking. They treated us to several stunts, flips, and tricks that literally made me gasp out loud! The athleticism of the cast members left me awestruck.

When Simba and Nala left the skating rink (or stage), Sebastian appeared with some mermaids to introduce Ariel to the crowd. She was so beautiful and skated amazingly despite the little fish tail skirt that had her knees bound together. I couldn't walk around dressed like that much less skate as amazingly as she did!


As Ariel and her fishy friends finished their part of the show, a group of hula dancers (wearing iceskates) came out onto an elevated stage area. They did a little hula number and then Lilo and Stitch appeared to entertain for a bit. I didn't think this particular part was very impressive but
the girls enjoyed it.


Then we had a short intermission where everyone made lines to the concession stands. A 21 oz. bottle sports bottle of iced lemonade was .... TEN DOLLARS!!!! Did I buy one? No. I bought TWO of them!!!! I know, stupid stupid stupid! And these plastic sports bottle thingies aren't even dishwasher safe! THEN I purchased two snowcones in these cute Little Mermaid cups (which ARE dishwasher safe). The snowcones were only three dollars. Much better than the sports bottle but....well, live and learn. I shoulda just found a water fountain.


If the concession and souvenir prices at DOI are any indication of the same at Disney World, then it looks like we're gonna be in trouble!!! Somehow I'll need to get the message across to DQ and The Teen (okay, and me) that we will not be purchasing a bunch of junk while we are there on vacation. I'm thinking that we won't have too many complaints from the little ones. **shrug** Maybe?

Here's DQ sporting all her Disney On Ice regalia. Note the Flounder hat and Ariel snowcone cup. In her Left hand she's holding a bucket of cotton candy and the 21 oz sports bottle.


Little Bird and I enjoyed our snowcones!


Happy little spectators.



After intermission, the show resumed with a big Peter Pan production complete with the "We Can Fly" scene where the Darling children flew to Neverland with Peter. Captain Hook's pirate ship also made an appearance.


Tick Tock the Crocodile was also there AND he ate Captain Hook!!!




The show ended with a spectacular finale. They even had fireworks!!! Then we came home, had lunch, and took a long nap before I got up and cooked some dinner! We're very excited now about our upcoming Disney World Vacation!!!!
Thanks for looking!!!

No comments: