Nov 18, 2010

Doing the Postcard Thing

About 6 months ago, I started participating in yet another project here at my house. I joined a postcard exchange program. I'm posting the postcards here to share them with you. I'm only showing you the front of the card, but I'd like to share the backsides too.

#1 - "Hello! Greetings from Ulviia West Finland! I love cards, animals, summer, The Bold and The Beautiful, etc.... Anne/Laura"


#2 - "Hallo, Best greetings are coming from Ines. I live with my husband and our kids (ages 8 and 4) (illegible) tri-border regions D-CZ-PL at the Free State of Saxony. Here you can walking, climbing, hiking, and skiing. TschuB, Ines"

#3 - The one you see above is from Anna in the Volyns'ka region of the Ukraine. She writes that she's 20 years old and a student of a technical university. "I hope that I'll visit the USA one day. And you are WELCOM to Ukraine!"

#4 - "Hello. My name is Francisco. We live with my family in a village next to Valladolid on the bank of Duero river. My region is a tableland around 700 metres over the sea and the weather is cold in winter and hot in summer, the spring and autumn are short. This year is raining a lot, although the last two years were a little dry. A (something) typical of my village are the asparagus. They are very delicious even there is a party about them in May, in the last of month.
In my spare time, I like sports, especially soccer (footbol here) and I'm also stamp collector. I like postcrossing because it helps me to improve my english, and I can know some new places. Best wishes from Espana."
#5 - From Australia: "G'day. My name is Racheal. I'm 23. I live on the small island state Tasmania, which is the most southern state of Australia. It is almost winter here so starting to get really cold. I live a short walk from the beach but still rather close to city's and mountains."

#6 - "Hi, we are a group of children 13 years old, students of elementary school in Sitborica. It is little village in Czech Republic in Europe. Our region is famous for making wine and beer. On the card is BRNO, 2nd biggest city with lots of shops, cinemas, churches, museums, parks, libraries, etc. In our country is now springtime - everything is in bloom and nature is really lovely after long and strong winter.... Bye Bye (na shledanou!) :)"

#7 - "Hello there I am Chris from Dordrecht in the Netherlands. Here was the first State of the union written. We also have an big domestic harbour."

#8 - "I am Christa, I'm 36 y.o. and live together with my husband in a small town in central Germany close to Frankfurt. I love to stay outside and do some work in the garden. We also love to travell very much - this February went to the USA for the first time and enjoyed it very much!"

#9 - "Hello! Greetings from Raasepan. I have 3 1/2 year old dog and I like to walk in the nature with him. I love animals very much. All the best to you! Best Wishes, Mikaela"

Well that's it. I hope you enjoyed my first batch of postcards. I will be posting more soon.

No comments: