Nov 19, 2010

June Postcards

Here are some more postcards. I modified the sizes so these are a little smaller than the others. I haven't formed an opinion on this particular look, so ya'll please let me know what you think.

Now to share the info on the postcards. #1 - features a sculpture "The sorrow of a mother". The composition conveys the sorrow of mothers who lost their sons during the war. A small pool near the downhill of the sculpture group is a symbol of a mother's tears. The writer, Elena, tells me there are lots of sculptures in her city of Volgograd, Russia.

Postcard #2 was sent from Georgina of Taipei City, Taiwan. She tells me that the bridge lights change at night and it's very amazing and breathtaking to see.


Postcard #3 - is from Tvee, Russia. Natalya says, "Hello! Hope this card acrossed the ocean and met with you. You see the bridge here. It's sight of my town. Som buildings, churches, were destroyed in 1941-45 during the war. There are another buildings on those places now. This is card of series where picture joins remote past and present of my town." The card description on the back reads: View of Vozneseniya Church. Zavolzhskaya embankment. I might have to look that one up and see if I can locate the other cards in the series.
Card #4 from Irkutskayaoff, Russia is the first handmade card that I've recieved. Asya responds to the news of number of family members in my family by saying she was amazed! "I think that's great and respect you for this very much. In Russian families there is one or two children usually."




Card #5 - "Hi! I'm Kate, 18, from New Zealand. Lake Tekapo is just one of NZ's beautiful lakes. It is very cold, as the lake is full of glacial melt water. The building in the photo is an old church."



Card #6 - "Hi there! Lots of greetings from Holland. This card shows some things that are typical for my country. The picture on the motorbike is an example of our "Delfts Blauw" It is used a lot on China. The cookies are called "Stroopwafels" and are great! We also have ice cream with this taste. Very popular here. Bicycles are a big part of our culture, I have 2 myself but use only one. I live in the capitol city of our youngest province. It only exist for 43 years! No old buildings here! All the best! ~Lottie~"






Card #7 - Jorga from Lithuania says, "Sveiki". The card description reads, "Where fairytale comes from Autorius: Jevgenija Ovsianikova"





Card #8 - "You are getting this card from Nokia in Finland. The card shows a typical lake-view, we have lots of lakes around here. Finland is famos for lakes and forests. Well, Nokia is a famos Finnish brand and this is the city where the company started, but cell phones have never been made here. Regards, Taru"




Card #9 - "Greetings from Frankfurt am Main, Germany. My name is Susanne, I'm 26 years and work in the childcare (1-3 years old). That's a nice job. "


Card #10 - also from Germany - "I study in the town you can see on the card. In the centre of the market is the market church and the so called "Red Towers" (which isn't really red, it's the one with the clock). I study history and work as an author of novells. Bernhard"



Card #11 - "Those architectures have a very long history from China! Happy everyday! Wishes from Jiang Yan"
There is no other description on the back of the card. I'm wishing I had some CSI software that would match up the image to something else and give me some more info!
Well, that's it for the June postcards. I'll have to attempt another upload tomorrow. I still have the July, August, September, and October cards to get through. When November is finished, then I'll have to wait for each month end to post them.











No comments: