Jan 15, 2010

My Heart is Broken

My 22 y.o. daughter lives in my home with my husband, The Teen, Little Bird, and Kangaroo. She's currently working as a "beverage server". It isn't the best job around. Her hourly wages are only $2.75 and she gets to keep whatever tips she makes. Basically, she's driving all the way to the job (71.2 miles round trip) for tips. The vehicle she drives is not hers. It belongs to my husband and I but we allow her to use it until she can save enough money to get her own car.

She has no ambitions to go to school or anything. She likes this job because it offers all the perks of a "real" job.....i.e. 401K, health insurance, etc. She really doesn't want to leave this job.

Then, I got the phone call this morning. It looks like I'm gonna be a grand-mother. She had stopped on her way to work to get a home pregnancy test. When she got to work and took the test, it was positive. She called me immediately, crying and blubbering and saying, "I didn't want it to be this way" and "Momma, I'm so sorry".

I told my hubby about it and he just clammed up. Didn't say a word to me all day. Kept a chip on his shoulder. When he came home and I said to him that I needed to discuss it with him, he replied, "I don't care and I don't want to discuss it. There is nothing to discuss."

I'm really feeling torn apart right now. This is my daughter! My child! My first born! I can't just throw her to the wolves! She needs me!

I know there aren't many people who read this blog, but if you're out there....please add my family to your prayer list and add a specific little ditty there for some extra enduring strength for me. Thanks.

2 comments:

Amy said...

This is a tough one for you and your family. I will lift you up to the Father:)

Jenn said...

I wish I had some words of wisdom to share with you, but I don't. I will be praying for your daughter and y'all as you go through this.