Jan 13, 2010

Clean House: Day 3 - Conquer Junk

How are you doing so far? Today, we'll take it easy with the following chores. Have fun!!!

1. Clean catchall drawers and shelves by culling junk from usable items
2. Group like items, such as pens, tape, stamps, and coupons
3. Use small baskets to hold pens, coupons, etc.
4. Give kids 5 minutes to get all their stuff to their rooms – or else!

Today, I spent time catching up on things I didn't get done the past two days. I don't really have catchall "drawers". I have boxes, big cardboard boxes, full of miscellaneous items. In the past, when I attempted spring cleaning, I would take the above mentioned stuff and just toss it all into a box. THEN I would toss the box to the back of a closet or something. I would even tell myself "Out of sight, Out of mind!"
Over the years, I now have several of these boxes that I really need to go through. I just couldn't get to it yet. On the bright side, this coming weekend has The Attic on the list. I don't have an attic so I do plan to go through these boxes instead.

No comments: