Jan 15, 2010

Clean House: Day 5 - Basement

Our family has had a little crisis today. I didn't do much of anything except sit in my easy chair, talk on the phone, cry a little, eat some lunch, and do more of the same. As a result, I didn't get to any house cleaning today.

I'm feeling better right this second and plan to do a little more cleaning tomorrow before settling down to watch the Saints game with my hubby.

I live in Louisiana. We don't have basements here. If we did, it would be full of water. Swamp land is not conducive to basement building.

However, for the sake of staying on schedule, I'm posting cleaning tips for the basement. If you don't have a basement, feel free to catch up (if you need to) on the previous 4 day schedule. If you're caught up, you can always move on to the next day, or (my personal favorite) simply take a day off to recuperate. Believe it or not, all this house cleaning is burning calories. Take a break from all this "exercise" and rest. You can pick it up again tomorrow.

Okay, well, here's the Basement to do list, just in case you have a basement.

1. Neaten basement storage area
2. Move items off the floor to pallets or shelves
3. Sweep or mop floor
4. Label boxed items
5. Check for water damage or pest infestation

No comments: