Jan 12, 2010

Where do babies come from?

My girls asked me that question last night while getting ready for bed!!! Can you believe it!!!? I was stunned. I'm not ready for this sort of "Facts of Life" lesson yet!

DQ (my 22 y.o.) was listening (i.e. eavesdropping) from another room as I explained to them that when Mommy and Daddy show each other how much they love each other, God gives them the gift of a baby and puts it in a special place inside Mommy's tummy. They seemed satisfied with that answer. They looked at me with their big eyes and this "Oh, OK!" look on their faces.

DQ laughed at me when she heard the explanation.

I shore wasn't prepared for the "so, how does the baby get out?" question, even though I knew that it was inevitable and would definitely be next in the line of questioning.

I chickened out. Changed the subject. Just decided it was bath and bedtime and who wanted to get in the shower first. They followed blindly and I was able to avoid it for the time being.

They're so sweet and innocent. Must they begin asking about the bird and the bees at such an early age? For I am NOT READY!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Oh I am so not looking forward to that day!