Mar 2, 2018

2018, Mar 1 - Dancing again

Hey honey -

Sorry I didn't write last night.  I was so tired.  I'm exhausted tonight as well.  See, yesterday started out with a hair appointment with Peggy.  You know how I love to go to Peggy to get my hair done.  She colored my roots for me and hid some of the gray.  She takes her time and talks with me a lot.
Then, I dropped by the church to drop off a Thank You note and chit chat a little bit.

I drove down to Gonzales to meet up with your sisters for lunch.  I don't know why we never did that before.  Geri said it was because we were all so busy all the time.  Well, I'm making a point to try and have lunch with them together at least once a month from now own.  We visited and talked for over an hour and had such a good time!

Then I went to get the girls and take them to piano lessons (and I got a nap in the truck).  When they were done with that, it was time to get home so I could get ready for a dance.  I took some ballroom dance lessons on Tuesday and was invited back for a group class and a social dance.  The dances I learned on Tuesday were the Waltz, Cha Cha, and the Fox Trot. 

We started out with the group class and learned a few new steps and passes.  Then, we had dinner that one lady had cooked:  roast chicken, roasted broccoli and cauliflower, green beans, 3 different pound cakes, sushi, brownies, soft drinks, water, wine, etc. etc.  It was awesome!

When we were finished eating, I had about 5 people captive at my table while I told them our How We Met story.  They thought it was the cutest thing!!! I shared with them about how you would have loved to do the dancing with me.  They said, 'Bring him along next time!"  I awkwardly explained that you had passed away and were gone.  It was a bit silent there for a minute while everyone absorbed the info I had given them. Then somebody put some swing music on and everybody got on the dance floor.  I sure do wish you were here to dance with me.  I miss you and love you so much!
 

No comments: